This week I have tried what is described in the book as a “jewelled” look with purple and green. Mine didn’t turn out that jewel-like, maybe I need some extra shimmer eyeshadow (mental note!) to get extra sparkling effect…. Anyway…
I love the contrast between purple and green, always been a big fan of the combination (when I was very young I had a lime green and purple bikini!) so this really appealed to me. I manage to get very close to the result in the book (minus the super shimmer), and it took me less than 10 minutes per eye to achieve! The secret is wetting the eyeshadow, so you get extra bright colour.
A fun eye make-up look, to add a splash of colour to a black number, to compliment a purple or green one or even colour clash! For me, this is quite a versatile look, as I could easily have interchanged colours. Bearing in mind it was very quick, I see as a definite winner!
Products I used:
- MAC eyeshadow in Expensive Pink
- Sephora palette eyeshadows in different purple and green shades
- MAC pigment in Vanilla
- Smashbox Photo Op Under eye brightener
- E.L.F. eyelid primer in Sheer
- Soap & Glory Thick and Fast mascara
- MAC eye kohl in Smoulder
- MAC brushes 208, 217, 219, 227, 231, 239 (eyes) and 167SE (face)
- MAC eyebrow set (discontinued)
Level of difficulty:
2 thoughts on “Eye make-up look challenge: purple and green”
very pretty look!
Thank you Mae! I love green and purple!
Lovely to have you visiting my blog! x