The sun has been out and I am in a more colourful mood. I always wanted to try rainbow colours in my eyes, but never had an occasion. as it is quite bold and not your week day in the pub kinda look. For that reason, I think my eye make-up look challenge is the perfect way of trying this!
Just as a reminder, the challenge is my way of venturing into looks I would probably never try; it is also a good practice for techniques.
I looked online for some inspiration, but ended up coming up with my version. I am not sure I would ever wear it, may be appropriate for carnival or other flamboyant occasion, but it ended up looking quite pretty – *maybe* I should have the black liner thinner (shhh, don’t tell anyone, I was going to, but had a little accident and as the six-colour blending was already in place, I decided to overlook the mistake and build it up a bit). Still I am very pleased with it. If I were to use this, I would probably slap some fake eye lashes on.
I didn’t have many problems, only blending the blue and green was a bit odd; I had to really pile eyeshadow on and complement with eyeliner, which I also blended a bit, to get a good distinction of the colours and some definition.
It is a good practice for blending, as the colours are so distinct, and I experimented with a few brushes and eyeshadows rarely used before, so I am glad I tried… my word for it is vivacious, and it really cheered me up!
Products I used:
- e.l.f. eyelid primer in sheer
- beautyuk eyeshadow collection in number 2
- Collection 2000 Extreme felt tip eyeliner in black
- Smashbox Photo-op under eye brightener
- MAC pigment in vanilla
- MAC eyebrow set
- Maybelline One by One mascara in black
- MAC brushes – eyes: 212SE, 219SE, 231, 217, 239SE, 208SE and 263; face: 190 and 167SE (the face brushes were used to clear spills and apply powder/brightener under the eyes)
- Studio eyeliners in winter white, summer green and blue velvet
- MAC eye kohl in smoulder
Level of difficulty: