Green witches (yes, Elphaba, I am talking about you!) inspired me for this challenge. I wanted to do something big, bold, a bit evil and of course, green. I love using green eyeshadow, it photographs really well, it is so vivid.
Here is what I did: I applied a primer, and attempted to erase half of my eyebrow (without much success). Then swept the whole lid with green pigment.
After that, using a darker green, I drew the cat-eye shape with a pencil brush, from the beginning of my crease to close to my eyebrow edge.
Then I applied a lighter darker green to the upper lash line and met the higher dark green line, closing the shape. To add dimension, I applied very light green crushed pigment to the center of the eye lid, as a swoop that went from close to the inner corner, upwards, meeting the darker line at the top. I then blended all the lines using all the colours and some other shades of green until I was satisfied with the amount of definition of some lines and blending.
I lined the lower lash line with the lime green, closer to the inner corner, blending into dark green towards the outer corner and applied black eyeliner to the water line.
Finally, I added the lime green to the tops, a little bit of black to define some of the lines (close to the crease and from outer corner), applied black eyeliner, making a huge flick, and dabbed more light green crushed pigment close to the brow bone and inner corner of the eye. I finished the look with false eye lashes.
Things that didn’t go too well:
1. I tried to “erase” the end of my eyebrow, it turns out mine are too dark and thick to do with concealer and foundation only. I did it in the past to re-create Boy George eye make up, but I suppose the person had fairer and thinner eyebrows than me, so it worked alright!
2. Drawing the shape was hard. Very hard. I had to clean everything up and start again.
3. My first combination of greens didn’t give me oomph. This is another reason I started again. Next time, I will swatch them in my hand before applying!
Products I used:
- Urban Decay eyeshadows in Bender and Hijack
- MAC eyeshadow in
- Collection 2000 green pigment in Bitter
- Ocean Scent green eye shadows from basic palette
- MAC crushed pigment from Surf the Ocean pack
- MAC Studio finish and Select Moisturecover concealers
- Collection 2000 felt liner in Black
- MAC eye kohl in Smolder
- MAC brushes number 208, 217, 219, 239, 266 and 195
- Urban Decay eye primer potion
- DUO eyelash glue
- Maybelline Falsies mascara
- Eylure false eyelashed in Vintage 124