Oooh the festive mood… it is in the air… everywhere you look… Here, at So Many Lovely Things it’s no different. Nothing better than a lovely black and gold smokey eye to go with it, right?
I started by applying the gold eyeshadow across the whole lid. I then applied the black with gold flecks to the crease and swept out and upwards, following a 45 degree “line” from the outer corner of my eyes.
I then applied black eyeliner on the upper lash line, with a nice flick, followed by a gorgeous metallic eyeliner above it, creating a slightly longer flick.
I then applied black eyeshadow to line the lower waterline and lash line, and applied the gold eyeliner slightly below the lash line, creating another flick at the end, in the same direction of the upper lashline.
I then applied a light eyeshadow to highlight the brow bone and sprinkled the gold dust around the brow bone and towards the inner corner of the eye, and finished off with some mascara and gorgeous false lashes.
Great for New Years eve!!!
Products I used:
- Urban Decays eyeshadows in zephyr (book of shadows IV), jagged and blitz (vice)
- Collection 2000 felt tip pen liner
- myface.cosmetics liquid eyeliner in gil-ty
- MAC eyeshadow in carbon
- Mac Zoomlash mascara
- Kryolan glamour sparks in golden
- Eylure eyelashes in vintage 124 (if you look really closely you’ll notice they are not perfectly applied – had one of those nightmare days where the lash doesn’t want to sit in properly, unluckily it was on my “model” eye… oh well)
- Beauty boxes brushes (first time I used them – they are great!)
2 thoughts on “Eye make-up look challenge: festive gold”
I love this look. I love the last pic bottom right the best It shows your gorgeous lashes and the eye liner detail on outside of eye. ❤ ❤
I was pretty happy with this one too! And yeah, agree with last pic, although it is not the most flattering picture of my eye hahaha! 🙂
Thanks for dropping by! x